Dress for Work is committed to providing every person who enters our office with a business suit so that they are able to attend job interviews and other important appointments. We know the small gesture of providing a suit has the power to transform lives.
Our immediate aim is to dress 20 men per week so your donations are important in enabling us to meet this target and grow the service. Unfortunately Dress for Work cannot exclusively rely on clothing donations to always meet the service needs of our clients. Your financial support is critical in ensuring that we are able to always provide clients with appropriate attire for important interviews as well as also meet the day-to-day operational costs of the project.
Please call 0420 307 143 or (02) 8709 0200 to make a financial donation.
Individuals can directly donate clothes to Dress for Work. Clothes donated should be appropriate for men to go to job interviews or other important appointments. We accept business shirts, pants, jackets or whole suits – clean, in good condition and preferably purchased within the last 5 years. We accept all sizes. Please also consider donating belts, ties, shoes, new socks and hygiene items such as cologne and aftershave.
Please call 0420 307 143 or (02) 8709 0200 to arrange a time for you to deliver your clothing donations to our office at 62 Meredith St, Bankstown.
Running a clothing drive for Dress for Work
If you are an individual or business why not arrange a clothing drive in your area or place of work?
If you are interested in holding a fundraising event or have an event taking place where Dress for Work could fund raise, please contact us.
Adding value to your drive:
1. A Dress for Work volunteer could speak at your clothing drive event.
2. You can assist Dress for Work with monetary donations to improve service delivery.
3. We can provide you with envelopes so that people can make monetary contributions. We will collect donation envelopes at the end of the drive.
4. You could borrow our mannequin/banner for your event and encourage everyone to pin a note of support (and a monetary note) onto his suit.
5. You could encourage people to hold their own fundraising event such as a trivia night or cocktail party with proceeds donated to support Dress for Work. We can provide you with a fundraising information kit to do this.
Call on 0420 307 143 or (02) 8709 0200 or fill in the form below and we will contact you.